Wednesday, November 16, 2005

In the beginning...

I've always promised myself that I would write in my journal often to figure out what I've done, what I'm doing, and what it is I plan on doing with myself. You know, do some good 'ole soul searching and self-revelation. This plan was all well and good at the beginning of the summer, right after graduation. I didn't have a job. I didn't want one. Until the end of the summer, that is, so I could spend my last 3 month vacation until retirement at leisure.

In August the summer of leisure ended. In came the beginning of a new career and some cash, out went most of my time for instropection. Needless to say, I've been slacking with the writing. Can you imagine me whipping out my journal sitting in my cubicle or at an event? I think not.

Things are a lot more confusing in the "real world." Not confusing. That makes it sound like it's a bad thing. Everything is so open-ended, so seemingly infinite. There are a multitude of options for every single decision I have to make. I'm looking to find some focus. I'm looking to find me - wherever that may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home