Monday, November 21, 2005

Working is Hazardous to Your Health

Everyone had warned me about gaining the freshman 15 once I entered college. They were wrong. My weight had stabalized and I had actually lost a few pounds as well. No one ever warned me about graduation gain. Moving back home to a house full of snacks, sweets, and heavy meals has made me gain back all the weight I had lost. On top of that I have to face the danger zone (also known as my office).

I have very little self control. I want what I want when I want it. I fail to realize the consequences. If I do, I don't care about them until after they come to fruition. This is the predicament I face nearly every time I go into work. In the world of event planning, food is ordered in excess and leftovers are readily available for me to graze on. "Lucky" for me, there's a file cabinet in front of my desk whose primary purpose is to hold all these goodies and taunt me. The cabinet has showcased sandwiches, salads, pasta, pesto, cookies, cakes - all types of food that a person can imagine. After Halloween there was an overwhelming supply of sweet treats. I have been unable to say no to any of them. Everytime my willpower is tested I fail. Miserably.

Because of all the food I've eaten, I'm starting to feel sluggish. My clothes no longer fit properly. My cheeks are plump. My stomach is too. I don't like feeling like this.

I've tried to start exercising, but after commuting 2 hours from work I'm just too tired to motivate myself and go on the elliptical machine. The machine itself is frustrating as well. I feel overexerted since I'm so out of shape. I'm out of breath in less than 5 minutes. I wish there was a kickboxing class I could go to instead.

When I move into the city, I hope to eliminate all these problems and more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Get a freestanding kick bag for your apartment.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home