Saturday, December 03, 2005

Being sober can actually be fun!

I came home today in a huff. I had heard some disappointing news at work (not work related) and I began to blame the world for all my problems. The last thing I wanted to do was be on Staten Island. I felt stifled. I was getting a serious case of cabin fever. I just needed to get away from my house. Thank goodness I had made plans with Jackie.

I was worried my spirits would not allow me to be personable, but I didn't want to waste a perfectly good night of catching up with a good friend. So I went and hoped I could control my pissy mood.

I'm so glad that we decided not to meet at a bar. I am certain that if I had alcohol in my system this evening I would not have been very good company. Alcohol only enhances the mood I am in. Since I was in a shit mood when I got home I would have been in an even shittier mood with each drink I had. We sat. We chatted. We laughed. I felt better. All without getting drunk.

1 Comments:

Blogger ButterSnatch said...

Fun without alcohol? The hell you say!!! I try and maintain a .20 blood-alcohol level at all times. Makes for a much more interesting work day when you're drunk. HARD not to fall asleep, but with the proper meal regimen, you too can achieve the results I have.

In all seriousness, good call on the no alcohol thing. Would probably have removed your "filter", and no good can come of that.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home